Saturday, March 31, 2018

Author Lori King Nixed

Sneak peek of my April release: NIXED! Preorder it now!

Nix stood in all his masculine glory not ten feet from her, and she had a miniscule panic attack as reality hit her. Phoenix Whiteoak Jr. was her mate. Her soul mate. Her true mate. The man she was destined to spend her life with.
Her human side battled back against the instinctive desire to throw herself into his arms and beg him to make love to her. This was her enemy. The demon spawn who helped plot the deaths of dozens of her family and friends. How could he possibly be her mate?
“Hello, Annabelle.”
Even his voice was sinfully delicious.
She swallowed hard and heard herself whisper, “This can’t be happening.”
His full lips curled up on one side and he nodded. “That’s what I thought when I realized it too.”
“You knew?” she asked, her voice sounding stronger as she regained partial control of her body again. Her wolf wasn’t happy to be forced back, but at least she was cognizant of herself again.
He nodded, “I realized it just before your brothers died, but I couldn’t reach out after what happened.”
“That was two years ago,” She said, hearing an unflattering whine in her own voice that irritated her. “You couldn’t have said anything in two years?’
“I never figured out how. Would your pack have let me waltz onto your lands based on my word that we were mates?”
No, they wouldn’t. She could admit that to herself. They’d have killed him on sight.
“How is this happening?” It changed everything. Her clothes felt too hot and too tight. She couldn’t stay still; her wolf wanted to be free.
“Breathe, baby. Close your eyes and breathe through your mouth. It’ll help tamp down the need.”
Annabelle found herself doing what he said without a second thought. He was right. Without his scent flooding her senses, she was able to think more clearly.
“I’ve never felt anything like this before.” She opened her eyes to find him moving closer. “I don’t like not being able to control this.”
“Tell me about it.” He shook his head and laughed softly. “Before this goes any further, you’d better give your guard the signal to leave.”
Annabelle had completely forgotten about Nina still hiding in the trees. “I’m fine Nina. Go report to my father that I’m okay. Tell him I’ll check in later.”
The other wolf hesitated briefly then retreated, leaving them completely alone. Annabelle frowned at her future husband. “Why didn’t you bring any guards?”
“I needed you to trust me. I knew that if I could get within range of you, you would catch my scent and understand why I agreed to pursue this marriage.” He stepped a few feet closer, within arm’s reach of her, and she nearly forgot how to breathe. Then her breath stopped completely when he reached for her hand. “You’re the last person on earth I would ever harm.”
The words were meant to soothe her, but instead, they just fired up bad memories and pain. “Like my brothers?” she hissed, jerking her hand away from him. “Mates or not, I can’t forget that you had a hand in their deaths.”
“That was under my father’s order—”
“But you went along with it,” she snapped. “Rhys and Cranston died because of you and your father. So many of my friends have died because of you. Now you expect me to just fall into bed with you because some tiny fragment of my being thinks we’re a good match?”
“Tiny fragment, huh? Is that how you refer to your wolf? I’m sure she loves that.”
In her mind, her wolf howled in protest, and she spun away to gain some distance. “She and I are in complete agreement. This whole situation is insane.”
“It might be insane, but it’s reality. You’re mine, Annabelle. I won’t give you up.” His authority as an Alpha wolf washed over her, and she felt her insides melting. He was so sexy, and so powerful that it was like a drug being introduced to her system. She didn’t stand a chance against him.

FB: https://www.facebook.com/WhiteRavenPack/
#Amazon #Kindle http://amzn.to/2tzysty
#ibooks https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/nixed/id1358015072
#Kobo https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/nixed
#Nook https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/1128169571


No comments: